Thursday, December 17, 2009

#6 Camera Obscura "My Maudlin Career"

Bookmark Too Roads Indie Blog

 DUN DUN!...."Spent A Week In A Dusty Library"....DUN DUN!..... "Waiting For Some Words To Jump At Me". So begins the first song on Camera Obscura's, "My Maudlin Career". Dropping earlier this year around April, this cd earned a spot in my cd player on those evening drives as the sun was descending and clouds were few. Ahhh nostalgia....I still think they record all their music in a castle or deep halls. One of my favorite things about this cd and band from Stockholm in general, is there immense far-off sound fronted by Tracyanne Campbell's tender and soothing voice. Although this sound is heard throughout the whole cd, and yes, takes a couple listens to appreciate, it will grow on you. Its not difficult to notice what this cd's theme is about, and with track titles like, "Sweetest Thing", "James" and "Careless Love", it should be obvious, but I'll let you be the judge of that. "This Maudlin Career Has Come To An End, I Dont Want To Be Sad Again".......so help cheer ole' Cambell up and GET.THIS.CD!



No comments: