Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Check Out: Jesse James Wax Museum

Bookmark Too Roads Indie Blog

   I apologize for the brevity of this post..... -Calvin  

    The first time I had even heard of Jesse James Wax Museum was at a Cursive concert in Springfield, MO, home to the band as well as the birthplace of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin. I wasn't really stoked or excited for the opening bands due to the insurmountable anticipation of seeing Cursive and the fact that I had never heard of the bands, so I just talked and waited around. Everyone, including myself, were chilling when abruptly we hear slowly shouted..."OOONNNNEEEEEEE, TTWWWOOOOOOO, TTTHHHRREEEEEE, FOOOUUUURRRRRRRR". Then the whole band erupted into the this dununununnuunun! They repeated the count to four as-well as the spastic band jam of guitars, cello, drums, tambourines, bass and trumpet. Everyone was hooked. Once they finished this very intriguing introduction, the lead singer Trey began to place this little up-beat jam on his acoustic guitar followed by the trumpet which eventually led into an incredible indie-folk-rock jam. I WAS HOOKED! I immediately asked whoever was next to me who they were and deemed them as an opening act for Cursive on Saddle-Creek. I soon found out that they were a local band from the area....... I fell in love with them and frequently checked their myspace for new MP3's on a daily basis. Soon after they put out an LP entitled "Paul" and boy, did it deliver!
PLEASE! Check these guys out and give em some feedback and love. I know that sounds lame but they are too good to let die. They have been currently changing up their sound and have released a FREE EP of their new stuff!
Lemme know what ya think!

Listen to them at.....




Click the pic to snag their free EP!










No comments: