Friday, December 18, 2009

#4 Animal Collective "Merriweather Post Pavilion"/"Fall Be Kind EP"

Bookmark Too Roads Indie Blog
   Ya, you probably could have could have guessed Animal Collective would wind up on this list, and I will possibly be chastised for not placing them as #1 . But hey? what do you expect? With two of the years best tracks "My Girls" and "What Would I Want? Sky?" you just cant NOT give these guys credit. These guys have stuck to one thing and one thing only: change. Since "Strawberry Jam" dropped, yes, they have seemed to acquire I more noticeable sound, but they still have the ability to incorporate the most bizarre and least expectant things in their music. From the wild didgeridoo in "Lion In A Coma" to the catchy and lovely flute melody in "Graze" these guys seem to make just about anything work. And with harnessed vocals of Panda Bear and Avey Tare swapping back in forth and behind each other, these guys seem to do no wrong. "Am I really all the things that are outside of me...." they ask on "Taste", whatever it is that surround them, lets hope it stays and inspires these guys to dish out more and more and more and more................





No comments: