Thursday, February 18, 2010

Check Out: The Morning Benders "Excuses"

The Morning Benders decided to grab a bunch of their San Francisco friends, plop them all in a studio and record a massive, heart-throbbing song called "Excuses", the first song on their upcoming album "Big Echo". There are violins, multiple guitars, drums and a slew of friends just singing. You will probably recognize some notable faces among the group like Chris Owens of Girls and John Vanderslice. Nearly every time I watch this video I get chills. Hearing Christopher Chu's vocals backed by swaying friends singing along instills a sense of good time and peace. Check it out. Hope you guys like it.
Lemmeknowhatyathinkloveyoubye.

"Excuses" Free MP3


6 comments:

milli said...


first; thanx for the two great songs!

an' of course, thanx so much for the outstandin' vid! woo! ;)*

Calvin Ramsey (TooRoads) said...

Absolutely no problem.
That video is way too good to not share

WIZEguy said...

Wow. Not sure how I came across your blog, but I love this song. Thanks for sharing, I have a feeling I'll be going into the archives of your site to check out your other recommendations.

Calvin Ramsey (TooRoads) said...

Hey wizeguy, glad you like the song man. Hopefully I can dish out more than interests you. Thanks for your comment

Anonymous said...

wow I LOVE it!! I saw the Morning Benders open up for Grizzy Bear and they were really good! Such a great idea too just packing all those musicians into one room haha. I'm looking forward to their new album. Thanks so much for finding and sharing this video!

Calvin Ramsey (TooRoads) said...

I envy the fact that no only did you get to see Grizzly Bear, but both GB and Morning Benders.....nice!
Glad you like the video!