Monday, March 1, 2010

Check Out: Fyfe Dangerfield "When You Walk In The Room"

I AM HYPED!
"What for?"
Fyfe Dangerfield's upcoming album "Fly Yellow Moon".
"Hmm, never heard of him."
Me neither, at least not until this very day. I was exposed to a lovely track by the name of "Faster Than The Setting Sun". I checked out more on him as soon as I could and discovered another equally brilliant song by the name of "When You Walk In The Room". Though I would much have rather put up the first song, due to lack of linkable media(seriously, nothing), I will post this song. The introduction WILL mislead you. Hope you enjoy!!

Oh ya! Question: What was the VERY first album you purchased??? Lemmeknow Lemmeknow!
I actually got two at the same time. The Strokes' "Room On Fire" (what a great album!) and Jimmy Eat World's "Futures" (meh, alright haha).


"When You Walk In The Room" Free MP3

4 comments:

milli said...

afta listenin' to joni mitchell at home with my folks for years i thought, oh well, that's it, until 1990/91 when 'night ride home' came out, i snaffled it right away an' realized joni's not finished yit, not by a long shot! an' what a fantastic album, she's since recorded a whole heap more, but none (for me) like 'night ride home' (that's romance for ya!;)*

Calvin Ramsey (TooRoads) said...

hahah! thats awesome. I don't believe I've listened to Joni Mitchell. I'll have to check her music out.

Anonymous said...

how about the first monumental CD I bought? Because I don't remember my first CD (and it was probably Nsync or Backstreet boys :P). But I do remember one night going to my school's open mic night. There were the usual decent acts of bands, comedy, and poetry. But then I remembered watching this band take stage and then one kid started playing his guitar but with a violin bow. Everyone started cheering as they recognized this song with that characteristic opener. I had never heard of it before, so i remembered some lyrics and looked it up later. That eventually led me to buy my first monumental CD: Led Zeppelin. And the song I had heard was Dazed and Confused.

Calvin Ramsey (TooRoads) said...

Oh gosh... Led Zeppelin....Words cannot describe just how good they are. Out of ALL of their stuff....the ONLY song I really don't care for is "Whole Lotta Love". Great first album! Thanks for the comment!